Crown Immigration Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Canadian Immigration Forum Permanent Resident Card Expired Holder Outside Wants To Renew

• Permanent Resident Card Expired Holder Outside Wants To Renew

• Amritpal

September 3, 2020 at 5:13 pm

I am travelling outside Canada. Now, I want to return to Canada. My PR card has been expired. I tried to apply for permanent resident travel document but all the VAC centres in my country are closed due to Covid-19. Do I have any other option to get my PR card renewed?

• Bavneet (Admin)

Administrator
    September 4, 2020 at 12:40 pm

You can not apply PR card renewal outside Canada but you can apply for PRTD outside Canada to make yourself eligible to get entry in Canada as a permanent resident. If the VAC is closed you can apply via email as per instructions given by IRCC. If you have a flight within 6 weeks of the application, you can mark the application as urgent. Below are the instruction given by IRCC:

‘If you’re outside Canada and your PR card is expired, you need to apply for a PRTD to return.

If your VAC is closed, submit your PRTD application by email.

To submit by email:

Download and follow the instruction guide to complete the application correctly.

Make electronic copies (scans) of the required documents listed in the Document Checklist (PDF, 1.5 MB).

Complete and scan the Application for a Permanent Resident Travel Document [IMM 5524] form.

Pay your fees and get a copy of your receipt.

If you have it, get a copy of your confirmed flight ticket, or the itinerary for your travel to Canada. Your copies should clearly show

your flight number

date of travel

arrival airport in Canada

Send an email to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca that includes

the subject line: “PRTD application: [put your name here]”

– your scanned application

– copies of your supporting documents (including travel information)

– a copy of your receipt’

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now