Crown Immigration Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Canadian Immigration Forum A Dependent Child Need Study Permit to Study Post-Secondary

  • A Dependent Child Need Study Permit to Study Post-Secondary

  • Sanjeev

    August 14, 2020 at 3:23 pm

    I am a post-graduation work permit holder in Canada. I am waiting for permanent resident application to be approved. My son who just turned 18 and staying in Canada on a visitor record. Now, he is going to enter to post-secondary studies. He needs a study permit for that. Which application I should go for inside Canada study permit application or outside Canada study permit application?

  • Bavneet (Admin)

    August 14, 2020 at 5:52 pm

    A child who is under 22 is still dependent on the parents, though technically he is not a minor anymore when (s)he is above the age of 18. Therefore, you should apply for an In-land study permit application. Make sure you provide:

    – An official letter of acceptance to the post secondary institution

    – Proof of funds to satisfy the requirement of study program

    He is eligible to apply a study permit because he is a family member of a foreign national who has work permit or whose application is in process. He should have a valid visitor record at the time of applying for a study permit.

Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018